Texting and Driving: Do You Know What Will Happen To You?
- Causes 11 teen deaths EVERY DAY
- Causes 25% of all accidents, totally 1.6M per year (Nat’l Safety Council)
- Causes 330,000 injuries per year (Harvard Center for Risk Analysis Study)
- Is 6x more dangerous than driving while intoxicated (NHTSB)
- Is still legal in 11 states to text while driving; only 10 fully prohibit cell phones while driving
- Is not a teen-only problem with 47% of adults admitting to texting while driving (Washington Post, May 2012)
Depending upon the specific incident that resulted from texting and driving at the same time, you will need to hire an attorney who can represent you. The laws vary from state to state, but the bottom line is that you will have specific issues related to your case that will require the expertise of an attorney. Many questions will need to be answered.
- Did the accident involve a death or injury?
- Is this your first incident of texting and driving?
- Are you under the age of 18?
- Was there a minor in the vehicle at the time of the accident?